Warning: Video contains extremely vile language; not suitable for children
City Manager (and Director of Public Safety), Maurice Jones, in conjunction with Charlottesville Mayor Dave Norris, ordered the group dislocated, after previously ordering police to disregard the law and allow OC to violate permit and curfew statutes.
In a November 2 press release, Occupiers promised the greater community that theirs was a peaceful movement—intent only on calling attention to the excesses of structured capitalism:
The purpose of this three-week protest is to prove to ourselves and to the world that peaceful, abundant community is possible without corporate sponsorship, huge budgets, or leaders.” [emphasis added]
OC’s aggressive actions and violent invective of November 30 belie several previous group statements regarding the nature of the local Occupy movement.
Unearthed in this shocking audio/video compilation are Occupy Charlottesville’s:
- Blatant sexism—the vicious verbal assault on a female police officer
- Anti-police obloquy—with obvious intent to provoke
- Disrespect for the rule of law—refusing to obey lawful orders to disperse
- Extremely vile language—used liberally throughout, even in the presence of young children
- Verbal violence directed toward government officials—“Dave F#&%ing Norris”
The unmerited leniency and institutional political favoritism shown toward Occupy Charlottesville by naïve, immature city officials has been met with dangerously vehement hostility. This Marxist movement—born of lawlessness—predictably has degenerated into base depravity and utter chaos.
About the Author: Rob Schilling is founder of The Schilling Show Blog and News; host of WINA's The Schilling Show, heard weekdays from noon to 2 PM; husband; father; and community watchdog.