Prince William County Board of Supervisors Chair, Corey Stewart, today announced the “Virginia Rule of Law Act” on WINA’s The Schilling Show.
The Act, essentially similar to Arizona’s SB 1070 Immigration Law, would :
- Enhance Police Powers to Capture, Detain, and help Deport Criminal Aliens
- Direct Virginia law enforcement officials to ascertain, in any lawful contact, the legal presence of an individual, when practicable.
- Direct Virginia jails to release criminal aliens to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) after serving their sentence.
- Allow law enforcement officials to arrest illegals without warrant if they have reasonable suspicion that the arrest would make them removable from the United States.
- Virginia Criminal Penalties for Illegal Aliens
- Make it a violation of Virginia law to fail to complete alien registration documents.
- Impose harsh penalties for terrorists and illegals caught with illegal drugs and deadly weapons.
- Outlaw Sanctuary Policies
- Prohibit cities and counties from preventing law enforcement officials from inquiring about legal presence or preventing them from sharing information with ICE.
- Outlaw Illegal Day Laboring and Public Roadside Solicitation
- Allow law enforcement officials to break up day laboring operations.
- Prohibit solicitation along all public roads, crippling illegal day labor sites.
- Crackdown on Human Smuggling
- Prohibit smuggling and human trafficking, especially for sexual slavery.
Stewart currently is working with members of the Virginia General Assembly to establish introduction of and garner patronage for the proposed legislation. Citizens interested in seeing passage of the Virginia Rule of Law Act may lend their support by signing up at Stewart’s web site.
You heard it first on The Schilling Show!
Click to hear Corey Stewart’s announcement of the Virginia Rule of Law Act on The Schilling Show.