Schilling Show host, Rob Schilling, recently was recognized by the Associated Press with five awards for his reporting and journalism over the past year.
At the April 23, 2016 Virginias Associated Press Broadcasters Awards, Schilling was presented with the following Non-Metro Radio citations:
- Best Documentary or In-Depth Report: Meritorious Award for “Islamic-Themed Lesson in Augusta County Classroom Sparks International Outrage”
- Best Feature or Human Interest Story: Meritorious Award for “Pearl Harbor Attack Survivor Shares Her Harrowing Story”
- Outstanding Effort by an Individual Reporter: Meritorious Award for “Schilling Show Sues Greene County Over FOIA Violation”
- Best Editorial or Editorial Series: Superior Award for “Jefferson Madison Regional Library’s Pornographic Display“
- Best Investigative Reporting: Superior Award for “Where in the World is Chris Dumler”
In addition, the Schilling Show’s broadcast home station, WINA AM/FM, won the AP’s Outstanding News Operation of the Virginias and received a total of 18 awards from the Associated Press.
The Virginias Associated Press Broadcasters Awards covers television and radio broadcasting in both Virginia and West Virginia.
Well done, Rob!
VERY WELL DESERVED!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations, Rob! It’s gratifying to see your hard work so richly rewarded.
Congrats Rob!!! The Community Watchdog gets five more bones – from the AP of all places!!!
I wonder how those City Councillors who banded together to get you replaced regret that move now, as you are able to create far more awareness and accountability via your radio show and activism, than you ever could while sitting among them.
Congratulations Rob! Thanks for all you do to keep our community alert!
Congratulations Rob, I never realized how, truly, talented you are. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy, keep up the excellent work! God bless you my friend.
Thank you, my dear brother, Doug.
Congratulations, Rob. You do deserve this. Nice work.