A man found murdered near Moores Creek has been unofficially identified as Marvin Joel Rivera Guevara of El Salvador.
A Spanish-language news website, translated as, El Savaldor, Red Chronicle, has the following alleged details:
- Guevara left El Salvador for the United States in 2013 in order to earn and send money home to his family
- He had two jobs: one at a River Road area pizzeria, and the other at a restaurant near McIntire Road
- Guevara may have been observed days before his murder arguing with “men who looked like gangsters”
- Guevara did not return home from work on July 3
- His family was notified of his death by police on July 4
- The victim’s body had been shot several times and “thrown into a river”
- A vehicle with suspected ties to the crime has been found “completely burned”
The July 3 incident has been shrouded in mystery as has been the identity of the victim. A GoFundMe page, as reported by the Daily Progress, has been established by Guevara’s family to cover funeral expenses.
The police investigation into Guevara’s death is ongoing.